Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Artist and Friend: Patrick Kutinyu


In my last blog posting discussing my Dolphin Stone, I mentioned an artist named Patrick Kutinyu. He has been a large part in my discoveries of African artifacts. I wanted to give him credit for his part of my passion in this art. Patrick was born in Zimbabwe, which is located in the southern part of the continent of Africa. He and his grandfather lived as hunters. Patrick's passion for the wildlife of Africa was expressed when he carved in the native stone. All of Patrick's work was fabricated from stone, and through this he brought the animals of Africa to life. He has personally sculpted stone art for me, as you read in my previous blog. When I met him, is when I saw the fascinating world of Africa through his eyes, and ultimately gave birth to my collection for stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment